Updates & Information
- We accept livestock on Mondays and Tuesdays, inspection paper required. If you need to drop of livestock Thurs-Sun please call us ahead of time. We encourage early drop off to avoid a possible long unloading line on Wednesdays. If you do bring your livestock in on Wednesday we suggest that you try to get here and be unloaded by the time the sale starts at 12noon. Once the sale begins you may be in line for a significant while longer.
- We mail out checks on Thursday. If there is a possibility that your check will not be picked up and will be mailed please make sure that the office has a correct mailing address updated in the system. If you drop of livestock on a day that we are not in the office make sure that your correct mailing address is on the check-in paperwork.
- We can also deposit your check for you at either Wells Fargo or Bank of the West. With a provided deposit slip or your account number your check will be deposited Thursday morning. We then mail your deposit receipt and your sales sheet.
- Any name changes needs to be handled by the inspectors, the inspection that we receive needs to have the appropriate livestock listed per owner. Please make sure that the inspection has the name of the person you would like to have on the check.
- If you would like your cow(s) to be preg checked make sure that you let the unloading crew aware. Cow(s) brought in toward the end of the sale can not be guaranteed that they will get preg checked. To avoid this, make sure if you plan on having your cow(s) preg checked to be unloaded by the time the sale starts at 12noon.
- We sell livestock in s specific order. The order is horses, calves, bulls, cows, bred cows, pairs, and sheep/goats. If your livestock is unloaded after its class has sold it will sell towards the end of the sale. We sell livestock that was brought in on Mondays and Tuesday at the beginning of each class. With larger fall sales approaching please be aware that if you brought in your livestock Wednesday morning there may be a couple hundred head that were brought in Monday or Tuesday that will sell before yours.
New Mexico ranchers you no longer have to obtain a health certificate in order to sell your livestock in Arizona. You just need a NM brand inspection and you or the brand inspector need to call 602-542-4293 Mon-Fri to obtain an AZ prior entry number.
Where to Find Us:
Valley Livestock Auction
8517 Sun Valley Rd
Sun Valley, AZ 86029
8 miles East of Holbrook
South of I-40
Sale every Wednesday-Closed the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, &